Who doesn’t love a great potato side dish? I know how much my daughter, Kylie, likes it when I make roasted potatoes or potato wedges and kept that in mind while I was planning my menu for last night’s dinner. I knew I’d be making barbecue chicken breasts and thought roasted red potatoes sounded like the perfect accompaniment to our dinner.
I started with about 2 pounds of little red potatoes that I cut into quarters and then placed into a large bowl. In a measuring glass, I added 1/4 cup of olive oil, 3 tablespoons of dijon mustard, 3 tablespoons grated parmesan, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1 teaspoon steak seasoning. I whisked everything together, poured it over the cut potatoes and using a spatula, tossed the potatoes with the dijon mixture.
I poured the potatoes onto a large sheet pan, that I covered in parchment paper (easier clean-up). I then placed the pan into a preheated 425 degree oven to roast for 35 minutes.
When the potatoes were done, I spooned them onto a serving platter and sprinkled freshly grated parmesan and chopped chives over the top as a garnish.
These potatoes had so much flavor! We all loved them and Kylie’s boyfriend, Jacob, told me these are “definitely bloggable”, which is why I posted them here for you all today.
2 pounds small red potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons dijon mustard
3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon steak seasoning
shredded parmesan for garnish
fresh chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut potatoes into quarters and place in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, dijon, parmesan, salt, pepper and steak seasoning to a measuring glass. Whisk well and pour over potatoes in bowl and mix with potatoes making sure to coat all potatoes.
- Pour potatoes onto a parchment lined baking sheet and roast for 35 minutes.
- Spoon onto a serving platter and sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan and chopped chives.
Until next time, Kris