Yesterday I made homemade blueberry, cherry, and vanilla granola. My sister was arriving last night from Wisconsin – yay! we always have the best time together – and I wanted to make something healthy for her breakfast. I thought this would taste great with yogurt and fresh strawberries. I really hope she likes it!
The last time I made granola, it made more than we could possibly eat before it expired. I decided to half the amount of everything I used to make a smaller amount.
Maybe we can sit on the patio and enjoy our breakfast this morning. It’s always a beautiful day in San Diego and I know my sister enjoys sitting on my patio with me.
2 cups old fashion oats
1 cut shredded coconut
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2-1/4 tablespoons vanilla
1 cup dried blueberries
1 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 cup cashew pieces
2/3 cup slivered almonds
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) In a large bowl mix together oats and coconut.
3) In a smaller bowl, combine oil, honey, vanilla and kosher salt. Set aside.
4) Bake oats and coconut for 20 minutes. Let cool.
5) Add dried fruit and nuts to granola and mix together. Store in an air tight container.
Until next time, Kris